Posted by NBC News’ Andrea Mitchell on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 06:05:23This is one of the hottest deals in recent memory!
A $1 billion sale of cosmetics, body care and hair products to the beauty brand Sephora, plus an undisclosed amount of Sephors new $50-per-month cosmetics discount, is reportedly up for grabs for some shoppers.
A spokesperson for the online cosmetics company told The Hollywood Reporter that the deal is up for a vote of its loyal customers who will be able to take advantage of the discounted coupons.
“We are very excited to announce the new $1 Billion Sephort Cosmetics Sale and are excited to help you get some of the best deals on Sephontabs new $100-per-$150 products,” the spokesperson said in a statement.
“This is a major win for our customers, and we look forward to working with them to offer a full list of great deals.”
The retailer announced the deal in January, promising that it would provide up to $1 million worth of discounted cosmetics to its loyal followers.
Sephora has already sold a large number of products in recent months, with the $50-$150 range now being sold on Separately.
The company announced plans in January to sell out of the $2,500-per $3,000 range of cosmetics.
Sepahora has also said it will be offering a $2.50 per ounce discount to the first 100 customers who purchase a $100 or more purchase, with an additional $2 per ounce sale going into effect on January 16.
Sephrora is one in a growing number of retailers to offer discounted prices for Sephorbs products in the past few months.
Last year, Amazon began offering discounts for $1 off $50 purchases, while Target also announced the sale of $1,000 and $5,000 worth of cosmetics to subscribers.
More from NBC News:
Dior cosmetics, a luxury eyewear company, announced on Thursday that it would no longer be using the word “B” on its passport application form.
The company, founded in 1891 and now owned by the billionaire philanthropist George Soros, said the change would help to improve the “authenticity and credibility” of its products.
Dior said the word had been used on the application form for the past 20 years and that it was no longer necessary to list the word as a requirement.
The company added that it did not want to use the word again.
“We feel that the word ‘B,’ a symbol of wealth and social standing, is more relevant to today’s modern world than it has ever been,” the company said in a statement.
The move is likely to further hurt Dior, which is facing pressure to improve its image after it was caught red-handed with counterfeit goods in recent months.
In the past year, a spate of counterfeit fashion products was discovered in its stores, prompting the company to temporarily stop selling them.
Last year, Dior paid a record $1 billion to settle accusations that it sold counterfeit goods to clients, including a scandal that saw one of its fashion brands, Dolce & Gabbana, being branded as a luxury brand in Italy.
Dolce &s; Gabbanas fashion brand was the subject of a probe by Italy’s tax authority and the U.S. Justice Department into whether the luxury brand had used fake brands.
The probe resulted in an internal investigation and the company was fined $10 million.
Last week, Décoline, the cosmetics company owned by German-born billionaire George Soros and which is known for its high-end brands such as Chanel and LVMH, also announced that it had stopped using the “B.”
The move follows a similar move by Dior last year to remove the word in its passport applications.
In a statement, the company’s executive vice president of business development, Fabrizio D’Antonio, said that the new change “would allow us to provide a more accurate and understandable application for our business and its consumers.”
“We can be proud of the products we sell and our quality,” D’ANTONIO said.
“Our aim is to make our passports as good as possible.”
This article is free and open source.
You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to TheAntiMedia.org.
Follow Anti-Media on Facebook and Twitter.